It is still available only for residents of Pune and Bengaluru, though
- Bajaj Chetak booking open again via its online portal.
- Continues to use the same 4kW BLDC motor that puts out 16Nm.
- Features like LED lighting, fully digital instrument console, riding modes, and Bluetooth connectivity
Not long ago, the Bajaj Chetak e-scooter received a hefty price hike, even though it wasn’t available to the public. Now, Bajaj is taking a step to fix the latter by reopening bookings for the Chetak from tomorrow. The booking amount and all other details will soon be available on Bajaj’s online booking portal. What we know is that it’ll only open for a “limited period”, probably due to COVID regulations.
The production of the e-scoot had come to a stop in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Bajaj had managed to sell 91 units of the Chetak before that, which is a decent number considering it’s on sale only in Pune and Bengaluru.
- Bajaj CT 100, CT 110, Platina 100 And Platina 110 Prices Hiked
- EXCLUSIVE: The Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Receives Its Biggest Price Hike Ever
- Simple Energy Mark Two Electric Scooter Spotted Testing
With increasing COVID cases and skyrocketing fuel prices, Bajaj has the opportunity to boost sales numbers as people look at e-mobility as a viable alternative to petrol-powered vehicles.
The Chetak is offered in two variants: Urbane and Premium priced at Rs 1,15,000 and Rs 1,20,000, respectively. At this price, it undercuts the Ather 450X by a massive Rs 27,500 but costs Rs 7,000 more than the TVS iQube electric.
For the asking price, the scooter packs full-LED lighting, neo-retro design, digital instrumentation, self-cancelling indicators, keyless ignition, and smartphone connectivity. It is powered by a 4kW motor putting out 16Nm, paired with a 3kWh Li-ion battery. It offers a claimed range of 95km in Eco mode.